326-40-030 - State agency and educational institution responsibilities
326-40-030. State agency and educational institution responsibilities
Each state agency and educational institution shall:
(1) Adopt, update as necessary, and implement a plan for achieving the annual class of contract goals and ensuring that certified businesses are afforded the maximum practicable opportunity to directly and meaningfully participate in its contracts for public works and the procurement of goods, equipment, and services. The initial plan shall be filed with the office to be effective July 1, 1993.
(2) Monitor its contractors and vendors at time of bid, proposal, or quote submittal, and after award, and take the appropriate action(s) as needed to enforce compliance with requirements set pursuant to chapter 39.19 RCW and the provisions of Title 326 WAC.
(3) Waive the requirement for a performance bond on any public works project that does not exceed twenty-five thousand dollars awarded to a business certified by the office; Provided, That the agency or educational institution prequalifies the business using a limited questionnaire which assures:
(a) That the bidder has adequate financial resources or the ability to secure such resources;
(b) That the bidder can meet the performance schedule;
(c) That the bidder is experienced in the type of work to be performed; and
(d) That all equipment to be used is adequate and functioning and that all equipment operators are qualified to operate such equipment.
(4) Cooperate with the office and provide timely access to records and information as needed for the conduct of investigations or the preparation of reports.
(5) Make available to the office, expenditure data in such form and frequency as required in WAC 326-40-050.
Statutory Authority: RCW 39.19.030. 94-11-118, § 326-40-030, filed 5/18/94, effective 6/18/94. Statutory Authority: RCW 39.19.030(7). 92-20-079 and 92-20-124, § 326-40-030, filed 10/6/92 and 10/7/92, effective 11/6/92 and 11/7/92.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.