365-210-180 - Alternative education providers - Approval process and compliance
365-210-180. Alternative education providers - Approval process and compliance
Pursuant to RCW 43.63B.035, the department may approve education providers to offer the certification training and/or continuing education required by RCW 43.63B.030, 43.63B.040 and this chapter. In order to be approved, an education provider must comply with the following requirements:
(1) The education provider must submit to the department a written proposal including the following:
(a) The education and experience of proposed instructors;
(b) A detailed description of course content and materials; and
(c) The proposed course schedule.
(2) All instructors identified by the education providers must meet the following requirements:
(a) Two years' experience in one or more of the following areas:
(i) Supervising manufactured home installation, service, or repair;
(ii) Design, engineering, or architectural work related to building construction;
(iii) Inspecting manufactured home installation or construction for a local, state, or federal agency;
(iv) Completion of a two-year educational program in a construction-related field; or
(v) A combination of any of the above to meet the two-year requirement; and
(b) Complete the department-sponsored training and pass the certification exam with a score of ninety percent or higher.
(3) The curriculum proposed by the education provider must meet or exceed the department-sponsored training curriculum.
(4) The department shall provide the education service provider written notice of approval or rejection as an alternative education service provider within sixty days of submittal of the complete proposal.
(5) All approved alternative education providers shall:
(a) Make all necessary arrangements (scheduling class dates/times and facilities) and provide all educational materials for the classes presented;
(b) Provide to the department a list of participants within ten days of each class;
(c) Provide to the participant a certificate of completion. Each certificate shall indicate:
(i) The name of participant;
(ii) The date of training;
(iii) A statement indicating the participant has completed the training as required by chapter 43.63B RCW.
(6) The alternative education provider shall notify the department in writing fourteen days prior to the scheduled class date of the date, time and location of each class. Department representatives shall be permitted to audit any class without fee.
(7) Curriculum changes must be submitted to and approved by the department prior to implementation.
Statutory Authority: RCW 43.63B.005, [43.63B.]020,[43.63B.]040, [43.63B.]060, [43.63B.]035, [43.63B.]090,[43.63B.]800, 43.330.040. 03-07-035, § 365-210-180, filed 3/13/03, effective 4/13/03.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.