383-06-125 - Payment award scale
383-06-125. Payment award scale
The following payment award scale shall be developed by the productivity board and shall be used by the statewide employee suggestion and agency unique programs when determining awards.
(1) Cash awards for suggestions generating actual cost savings and/or revenue to the state shall be ten percent of the actual net savings and/or revenue generated. Savings and/or revenue shall be calculated for one full year and should be for the first year of implementation.
(2) Cash awards for suggestion teams shall be up to twenty-five percent of the actual net savings and/or revenue generated to be shared by the team in a manner approved by the agency head. In order for suggestion teams to receive a cash award they must have the approval of the agency head or designee. A suggestion team is a group of individuals involved in the suggestion and the implementation process.
(3) No award may be granted in excess of ten thousand dollars.
(4) All suggestions that result in cost-avoidance, for which benefits to the state are intangible or for which savings cannot be calculated, shall receive recognition. Internal recognition shall be given in accordance with RCW 41.60.150. Internal recognition may be monetary and/or nonmonetary recognition and may not exceed the amount permitted by RCW 41.60.150. The agency may consider additional recognition, such as a certificate of appreciation, a letter thanking the suggester for the idea, recognizing the suggester(s) for the suggestion at an agency event, meeting, etc.
(5) Awards shall be consistent and given in a timely manner.
Statutory Authority: Chapter 41.60 RCW. 99-24-093, § 383-06-125, filed 11/30/99, effective 1/1/00.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.