388-106-1030 - Are there limitations or other requirements for PDN?
388-106-1030. Are there limitations or other requirements for PDN?
Limitations and other requirements to PDN services are as follows:
(1) You may be authorized to receive PDN services for between four to sixteen hours per day, except as noted in WAC 388-106-1045(4).
(2) PDN hours will be deducted from the personal care hours generated by CARE to account for services that meet your need for personal care services (i.e., one hour from the available hours for each hour of PDN authorized). WAC 388-106-0130(9)(e).
(3) Trained family members must provide for any hours above your assessment determination, or you or your family must pay for these additional hours.
(4) In instances where your family is temporarily absent due to vacations, additional PDN hours must be:
(a) Paid for by you or your family; or
(b) Provided by other trained family members. If this is not possible, you may require placement in a long-term care facility during their absence.
(5) You may use respite care if you and your unpaid family caregiver meet the eligibility criteria defined in WAC 388-106-1210 (for LTC clients) or WAC 388-832-0145 (for DDD individual and family services clients) or WAC 388-845-1605 (for DDD waiver clients).
(6) There may be a one time approval for additional hours for a period not to exceed thirty days when:
(a) Your family is being trained in care and procedures;
(b) You have an acute episode that would otherwise require hospitalization;
(c) Your caregiver is ill or temporarily unable to provide care; or
(d) There is a family emergency.
Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090, 74.09.520. 11-05-079, § 388-106-1030, filed 2/15/11, effective 3/18/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090, 74.09.520 and 42 C.F.R. 440.80. 05-24-091, § 388-106-1030, filed 12/6/05, effective 1/6/06.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.