388-106-1040 - What requirements must an RN, or LPN under the supervision of an RN, meet in order to provide and get paid for my PDN services?
388-106-1040. What requirements must an RN, or LPN under the supervision of an RN, meet in order to provide and get paid for my PDN services?
In order to be paid by the department, a private RN under the supervision of a primary care provider or an LPN under the supervision of an RN, must:
(1) Be licensed and in good standing, as provided in RCW 18.79.030(1)(3);
(2) Have a contract with the medicaid agency to provide PDN services;
(3) Complete a background check which requires fingerprinting if the RN or LPN has lived in Washington state less than three years;
(4) Have no conviction for a disqualifying crime, as provided in RCW 43.43.830 and 43.43.842 and WAC 388-71-0500 through 388-71-05640 series;
(5) Have no finding of fact and conclusion of law (stipulated or otherwise), agreed order, or final order issued by a disciplining authority, a court of law, or entered into a state registry with a finding of abuse, neglect, abandonment or exploitation of a minor or vulnerable adult;
(6) Provide services according to the care plan under the supervision/direction of the primary care provider;
(7) Document all PDN services provided by the care plan as required by WAC 182-502-0020 and 246-840-700;
(8) Meet provider requirements under WAC 388-71-0510, 388-71-0515, 388-71-0540, 388-71-0551, and 388-71-0556;
(9) Complete time sheets on a monthly basis;
(10) Complete the PDN seven-day look back skilled nursing task log and submit it to the CNC or NCC for review for initial eligibility determination, and for ongoing eligibility every six months; and
(11) Submit timely and accurate invoices for payment.(Amended by WSR 15-03-038, Filed 1/12/2015, effective 2/12/2015)
Reviser's note: The typographical error in the above section occurred in the copy filed by the agency and appears in the Register pursuant to the requirements of RCW 34.08.040.
Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090, 74.09.520. 11-05-079, § 388-106-1040, filed 2/15/11, effective 3/18/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090, 74.09.520 and 42 C.F.R. 440.80. 05-24-091, § 388-106-1040, filed 12/6/05, effective 1/6/06.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.