Wash. Admin. Code § 388-450-0138 - Does the department allocate income of an ineligible spouse to a housing and essential needs (HEN) referral recipient?

Current through Register Vol. 21-18, September 15, 2021

This section applies to referrals to the Housing and Essential Needs (HEN) program.

(1) When a HEN referral recipient is married and lives with their nonapplying spouse, the following income is considered available to the client:
(a) The remainder of the recipient's wages, retirement benefits and other income after reducing the total income by:
(i) The HEN referral work incentive deduction, as specified in WAC 388-450-0178; and
(ii) The amount of current and/or back child support that the recipient is paying each month under a court or administrative order. If the monthly child support payment is greater than the department's standard of need, income is instead reduced by the department's standard of need.
(b) The remainder of the nonapplying spouse's wages, retirement benefits and other income after reducing the total income by:
(i) An amount not to exceed the department's standard of need for court ordered or administratively ordered current or back child support for legal dependents; and
(ii) The HEN referral income limit amount as specified under WAC 388-478-0090 which includes ineligible assistance unit members.
(c) One-half of all other community income.


Wash. Admin. Code § 388-450-0138
Adopted by WSR 13-24-044, filed 11/26/13, effective 1/1/14

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.