400-04-902 - Partnership SEPA policies
400-04-902. Partnership SEPA policies
The partnership adopts by reference the state environmental policy as set forth in SEPA, RCW 43.21C.020. To carry out this policy, the partnership will use all practicable means consistent with other essential considerations of state policy to improve and coordinate plans, functions, and resources, and to mitigate adverse impacts resulting from proposals to the end that the state and its citizens may:
(1) Fulfill the responsibilities of each generation as trustee of the environment for succeeding generations;
(2) Assure for all people of Washington safe, healthful, productive, and aesthetically and culturally pleasing surroundings;
(3) Attain the widest range of beneficial uses of the environment without degradation, risk to health or safety, or other undesirable or unintended consequences;
(4) Preserve important historic, cultural, and natural aspects of our national heritage;
(5) Maintain, wherever possible, an environment which supports diversity and variety of individual choice;
(6) Achieve a balance between population and resource use which will permit high standards of living and a wide sharing of life's amenities;
(7) Enhance the quality of renewable resources and approach the maximum attainable recycling of depletable resources.
Statutory Authority: Chapter 90.71 RCW. 10-12-009, § 400-04-902, filed 5/20/10, effective 6/20/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.21C.120. 86-04-054 (Order 86-01, Resolution No. 4), § 400-04-902, filed 2/3/86.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.