468-85-130 - Conditions of advanced financial support payments
468-85-130. Conditions of advanced financial support payments
(1) Payment constitutes a loan: Funds received by county transportation authorities or public transportation benefit areas as advanced financial support payments constitute loans. The recipient shall repay the department such loan not later than two years after the date such recipient received the advanced financial support payment. The department shall waive such repayment if the voters in the recipient's area fail to authorize taxes permitted under chapters 35.95 or 82.14 RCW within two years after the date such advanced financial support payment was received.
(2) Obligation to develop a comprehensive transit plan: Following receipt of the advanced financial support payment, the county transportation authority or public transportation benefit area shall undertake and complete the development of a comprehensive transit plan that meets the specifications contained in WAC 468-85-200 through 468-85-290. In the development of such plan, the recipient shall ensure a reasonable opportunity for the receipt of citizens input and participation in the planning process is provided to racial and ethnic minorities; low-income, elderly individuals and persons with disabilities.
(3) Payment may constitute matching contribution: Any payment received pursuant to this chapter may be used as all or any portion of a matching contribution required for the receipt of federal funds, provided federal law and applicable regulations allow such payment as a matching contribution, and provided, further, such federal funds are used to assist the recipient in the development of a comprehensive transit plan.
(4) Notice of election: The chief executive officer of a recipient of an advanced financial support payment or his/her designee shall inform the department of the date chosen for a popular election on taxation authorized by chapter 35.95 or 82.14 RCW to finance public transportation in the recipient's jurisdiction, in advance of such election(s).
(5) Required election: An election to determine the taxes authorized by chapter 35.95 or 82.14 RCW proposed to be levied and collected in the county or public transportation benefit area must be held within two years of the receipt of an advanced financial support payment.
(6) Notice of election results: The chief executive officer of a recipient of an advanced financial support payment or his/her designee shall inform the department of the election results within ten days of its official certification.
Statutory Authority: RCW 36.57A.150. 98-11-046 (Order 176), § 468-85-130, filed 5/18/98, effective 6/18/98; 80-01-029 (Order 42), § 468-85-130, filed 12/17/79.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.