Wash. Admin. Code § 67-25-320 - Vocational rehabilitation services-General training provisions
Current through Register Vol. 21-18, September 15, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
Vocational rehabilitation services—General training provisions.
(1) The individualized plan for employment may include any organized form of instruction providing the knowledge and skills necessary for a customer to perform to market expectations in an occupation or career field and achieve a competitive and integrated employment outcome. Knowledge and skills may be acquired through training in an institution, on the job, by correspondence or online technology, by tutors, or through a combination of these methods. Training may be given for any occupation, except as prohibited in subsection (2) of this section.
(2) Article I, Subsection 11 of the Washington state Constitution forbids the use of public funds to support an individual in education or training for an employment goal that is religious in nature.
(3) Programs or schools used to provide training shall be limited to those which are accredited, licensed, or approved either by a legal authority, or are recognized as adequate by the professional or trade group with which they are associated.
(4) The department may provide tuition, fees, books, tools and other training materials and shall periodically establish guidelines for determining the provision of these services.
(5) Training services shall be provided only after consideration of comparable services and benefits as specified in WAC 67-25-283.
[Statutory Authority: P.L. 113-128 and 34 C.F.R. Part 361. WSR 18-14-101, amended and recodified as § 67-25-320, filed 7/3/18, effective 8/3/18. Statutory Authority: 34 C.F.R. 361.42, the Rehabilitation Act and Washington state Constitution. WSR 08-19-068, § 67-25-388, filed 9/15/08, effective 10/16/08. Statutory Authority: Chapter 74.18 RCW. WSR 05-08-097, § 67-25-388, filed 4/4/05, effective 5/5/05. Statutory Authority: Chapter 74.15 RCW. WSR 95-06-057, § 67-25-388, filed 2/28/95, effective 3/31/95. Statutory Authority: 1983 c 194 § 18. WSR 84-19-003 (Order 84-04), § 67-25-388, filed 9/6/84; WSR 84-01-042 (Order 83-08), § 67-25-388, filed 12/15/83. Formerly WAC 67-20-388.]