Wash. Admin. Code § 67-25-425 - Vocational rehabilitation services-Rehabilitation technology
Current through Register Vol. 21-18, September 15, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
Vocational rehabilitation services—Rehabilitation technology.
(1) Rehabilitation technology is the systematic application of technologies, engineering methodologies, or scientific principles to meet the needs of, and address barriers that might be experienced by a participant in education, rehabilitation, employment, transportation, independent living, and recreation. The term includes rehabilitation engineering, assistive technology devices, and assistive technology services.
(2) The department will provide, as appropriate, rehabilitation technology services throughout all phases of the vocational rehabilitation process for participants.
(3) Rehabilitation technology services may include:
(a) Assessment to determine rehabilitation technology needs;
(b) Job site and training site analysis including testing and research;
(c) Rehabilitation engineering services;
(d) Comprehensive training in the use of assistive technology devices;
(e) Procurement, installation and follow-up related to assistive technology devices.
(4) Any assistive technology device requiring an individualized prescription or fitting must be provided by a professional who meets any licensing or certification requirements to fill the prescription or to perform the fitting. Aids and devices not requiring individual fittings must meet engineering and safety standards recognized by experts in the field.
(5) Rehabilitation technologies and relay services for individuals who are deaf or hearing-impaired shall be utilized as necessary for service delivery.
(6) Rehabilitation technology services shall be provided without consideration of comparable services and benefits pursuant to WAC 67-25-283.
[Statutory Authority: P.L. 113-128 and 34 C.F.R. Part 361. WSR 18-14-101, amended and recodified as § 67-25-425, filed 7/3/18, effective 8/3/18. Statutory Authority: Chapter 74.18 RCW. WSR 05-08-097, § 67-25-432, filed 4/4/05, effective 5/5/05. Statutory Authority: Chapter 74.15 RCW. WSR 95-06-057, § 67-25-432, filed 2/28/95, effective 3/31/95. Statutory Authority: 1983 c 194 § 18. WSR 84-01-042 (Order 83-08), § 67-25-432, filed 12/15/83. Formerly WAC 67-20-432.]