Chapter 296-400A - Plumber certification rules

  1. § 296-400A-005 - What definitions do I need to know to understand these rules?
  2. § 296-400A-010 - Plumbing certificate types and scope of work
  3. § 296-400A-011 - How does a plumbing contractor become licensed, renew, and reinstate their license?
  4. § 296-400A-012 - How much are the surety bond or savings account amounts?
  5. § 296-400A-013 - What can cause the suspension of a plumbing contractor's license?
  6. § 296-400A-014 - When will the department deny an application for licensure, renewal, or reinstatement?
  7. § 296-400A-015 - What requirements must be met if a plumbing contractor changes its business structure, name, address, or designated plumber?
  8. § 296-400A-016 - What procedures must be followed when surety bonds and/or insurance policies are canceled?
  9. § 296-400A-017 - What procedures must be followed when surety bonds and/or other securities approved by the department become impaired?
  10. § 296-400A-018 - When will the department release a security deposit?
  11. § 296-400A-019 - How is a suit filed against a plumbing contractor?
  12. § 296-400A-020 - How do I obtain a certificate of competency?
  13. § 296-400A-021 - How do I obtain a medical gas piping installer endorsement?
  14. § 296-400A-022 - What procedure is required for renewal of a journey level medical gas endorsement?
  15. § 296-400A-023 - What process is required for renewal of plumber certificates of competency?
  16. § 296-400A-024 - How should a person performing plumbing wear or visibly display their certification, trainee card, or endorsement?
  17. § 296-400A-025 - Who approves medical gas piping installer endorsement training courses?
  18. § 296-400A-026 - What training course approval procedures for medical gas will the department follow?
  19. § 296-400A-027 - Where can I obtain information regarding department approved training course providers?
  20. § 296-400A-028 - What are the requirements for continuing education and classroom training?
  21. § 296-400A-029 - What is the implementation schedule for the continuing education course requirements?
  22. § 296-400A-030 - Do I need a temporary permit?
  23. § 296-400A-031 - How do I qualify for a temporary permit?
  24. § 296-400A-032 - How do I obtain a temporary permit?
  25. § 296-400A-033 - What is the duration of a temporary permit?
  26. § 296-400A-035 - How can I be placed on inactive status?
  27. § 296-400A-036 - [Repealed]
  28. § 296-400A-045 - What fees does the department charge for issuance, renewal, relicensing, and reinstatement of a plumbing contractor license and plumbing certificates?
  29. § 296-400A-050 - When does the advisory board of plumbers meet?
  30. § 296-400A-070 - Can I work as a certified plumber in Washington without taking the Washington state plumbers' competency examination?
  31. § 296-400A-100 - For certification purposes, how are "years of employment" computed and documented?
  32. § 296-400A-110 - How does work experience count toward my trainee certificate?
  33. § 296-400A-120 - What do I need to know about plumber trainee certificates?
  34. § 296-400A-121 - What do I need to know about trainee experience and plumber examination requirements for the journey level and specialty plumber?
  35. § 296-400A-122 - [Repealed]
  36. § 296-400A-130 - What if I make a false statement or a material misrepresentation on an application, an employment report or a trainee certificate?
  37. § 296-400A-135 - [Repealed]
  38. § 296-400A-140 - How does the department enforce plumbers certification requirements?
  39. § 296-400A-150 - May the department audit the records of a plumbing contractor?
  40. § 296-400A-155 - What records must every plumbing contractor keep for quarterly reporting and audits of trainee hours
  41. § 296-400A-165 - Is a city, town, or county required to verify a plumbing contractor license number?
  42. § 296-400A-170 - How does a city, town, or county verify a plumbing contractor's license?
  43. § 296-400A-175 - Who is liable when a city, town, or county fails to verify a plumbing contractor's license?
  44. § 296-400A-300 - What procedures does the department follow when issuing a notice of infraction?
  45. § 296-400A-400 - What are the monetary penalties for violating certification requirements?
  46. § 296-400A-425 - What if I owe outstanding penalties related to a department issued plumber infraction?
  47. § 296-400A-430 - If I am a certified backflow assembly maintenance and repair, journey level, or specialty plumber do I need to be a licensed plumbing contractor under chapter 18.106 RCW?

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.

No prior version found.