(1) No person may allow a dog, cat or other pet in any building under management of the board. No person may allow his or her dog, cat or other pet to interfere in any manner with the enjoyment of the area by others.
(2) Nothing in this section shall prohibit or restrict the use of dogs for hunting purposes in any area which is open to hunting, except during the bird-nesting season, April 15 through July 31. The use of dogs for dog trials and dog training may be restricted to areas designated by the property manager through the event permit procedure.
(3) No person may allow his or her dog, cat or other animal on any cross-country ski trail during that period of the year when those trails are covered with snow.
(4) Dogs, cats and other pets shall be under control by leash during the bird nesting season, April 15 through July 31, and at all other times by leash, voice command, including whistles, or other physical control such as kennel or mechanical collar
(5) Persons bringing or allowing pets, horses or mules in high use areas such as trailheads, parking lots and campsites shall be responsible for proper removal and disposal of any waste produced by their animals.
No person shall abandon pets or previously captive animals on the reserve except approved pheasant and trout stocking by the department of natural resources, or while engaged in dog trials and training under board permit and ss. NR 17.01
(7) Horses are prohibited on reserve lands except public highways and areas or trails posted for their use or by permit in field trial areas.
(8) No person may ride a horse in a careless, negligent or reckless manner so as to endanger the life, property or persons of others on the reserve.
(9) Notwithstanding the provisions of this chapter, service animals as defined in s. 106.52(1) (fm), Stats., may accompany persons with disabilities.
Wis. Admin. Code Kb § KB 1.05
Cr. Register, May, 2000, No. 533, eff. 6-1-00; correction in (9) made under s. 13.92(4) (b) 7, Stats., Register March 2013 No. 687.