Sec. NR 662.089 - OECD waste lists
§ NR 662.089. OECD waste lists
(1) For the purposes of this subchapter, a waste is considered hazardous under U.S. national procedures, and hence subject to this subchapter, if all of the following are true:
(a) The waste meets the federal definition of hazardous waste in 40 CFR 261.3.
(b) The waste is subject to the manifesting requirements of subch. B, except as required by s. NR 662.220(5) (f) and (6) (f), 662.191 or the universal waste management standards of ch. NR 673.
(2) If a waste is hazardous under sub. (1) and it appears on the amber or red list, it is subject to amber- or red-list requirements respectively.
(3) If a waste is hazardous under sub. (1) and it does not appear on either amber or red lists, it is subject to red-list requirements.
(4) The appropriate control procedures for hazardous wastes and hazardous waste mixtures are addressed in s. NR 662.082.
(5) The OECD Green List of Wastes (revised May 1994), Amber List of Wastes and Red List of Wastes (both revised May 1993) as set forth in Appendix 3, Appendix 4 and Appendix 5, respectively, to the OECD Council Decision C(92)39/FINAL (Concerning the Control of Transfrontier Movements of Wastes Destined for Recovery Operations) are incorporated by reference. On July 11, 1996, the director of the federal register approved these incorporations by reference in accordance with 5 USC 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. These materials are incorporated as they exist on the date of the approval and a notice of any change in these materials will be published in the federal register.(CR 05-032: cr. Register July 2006 No. 607, eff. 8-1-06.)
The materials are available for inspection at: the Office of the Federal Register, 800 North Capitol Street, NW, suite 700, Washington, DC; the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, RCRA Information Center (RIC), 1235 Jefferson-Davis Highway, first floor, Arlington, VA 22203 (Docket # F-94-IEHF-FFFFF) and may be obtained from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, Environment Directorate, 2 rue Andre Pascal, 75775 Paris Cedex 16, France.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.