Neil M. Gorsuch (2017-present)
- Birth, Residence, and Family
- Neil M. Gorsuch was born in Denver, Colorado, August 29, 1967. He and his wife Louise have two daughters.
- Gorsuch received a B.A. from Columbia University, a J.D. from Harvard Law School, and a D.Phil. from Oxford University.
- Government service
- Gorsuch served as a law clerk to Judge David B. Sentelle of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, and as a law clerk to Justice Byron White and Justice Anthony M. Kennedy of the Supreme Court of the United States. From 2005–2006 he was Principal Deputy Associate Attorney General at the U.S. Department of Justice. He served on the Standing Committee on Rules for Practice and Procedure of the U.S. Judicial Conference, and as chairman of the Advisory Committee on Rules of Appellate Procedure.
- Law Practice
- From 1995–2005, Gorsuch was in private practice.
- Judicial Offices
- Gorsuch was appointed to the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit in 2006. President Donald J. Trump nominated him as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, and he took his seat on April 10, 2017.
Source: U.S. Supreme Court