BERNE CONVENTION FOR THE PROTECTION OF
LITERARY AND ARTISTIC WORKS (Paris Text 1971)
- (a) The administrative tasks with respect to the Union shall be performed by the International Bureau, which is a continuation of the Bureau of the Union united with the Bureau of the Union established by the International Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property.
- (b) In particular, the International Bureau shall provide the secretariat of the various organs of the Union.
- (c) The Director General of the Organization shall be the chief executive of the Union and shall represent the Union.
(2) The International Bureau shall assemble and publish information concerning the protection of copyright. Each country of the Union shall promptly communicate to the International Bureau all new laws and official texts concerning the protection of copyright.
(3) The International Bureau shall publish a monthly periodical.
(4) The International Bureau shall, on request, furnish information to any country of the Union on matters concerning the protection of copyright.
(5) The International Bureau shall conduct studies, and shall provide services, designed to facilitate the protection of copyright.
(6) The Director General and any staff member designated by him shall participate, without the right to vote, in all meetings of the Assembly, the Executive Committee, and any other committee of experts or working group. The Director General, or a staff member designated by him, shall be ex officio secretary of these bodies.
- (a) The International Bureau shall, in accordance with the directions of the Assembly and in cooperation with the Executive Committee, make the preparations for the conferences of revision of the provisions of the Convention other than Articles 22 to 26.
- (b) The International Bureau may consult with intergovernmental and international non-governmental organizations concerning preparations for conferences of revision.
- (c) The Director General and persons designated by him shall take part, without the right to vote, in the discussions at these conferences.
(8) The International Bureau shall carry out any other tasks assigned to it.