§ 2413. Annual report
Not later than December 31 of each year, the Secretary shall submit to the Congress a report on the administration of this Act [sections 2401 to 2420 of this Appendix] during the preceding fiscal year. All agencies shall cooperate fully with the Secretary in providing information for such report. Such report shall include detailed information with respect to—
(2) general licensing activities under sections 5, 6, and 7 [sections 2404, 2405, and 2406 of this Appendix], and any changes in the exercise of the authorities contained in sections 5 (a), 6 (a), and 7 (a) [sections 2404 (a), 2405 (a), and 2406 (a) of this Appendix];
(3) the results of the review of United States policy toward individual countries pursuant to section 5 (b) [section 2404 (b) of this Appendix];
(4) the results, in as much detail as may be included consistent with the national security and the need to maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information, of the actions, including reviews and revisions of export controls maintained for national security purposes, required by section 5 (c)(3) [section 2404 (c)(3) of this Appendix];
(6) changes in categories of items under export control referred to in section 5 (e) [section 2404 (e) of this Appendix];
(7) determinations of foreign availability made under section 5 (f) [section 2404 (f) of this Appendix], the criteria used to make such determinations, the removal of any export controls under such section, and any evidence demonstrating a need to impose export controls for national security purposes notwithstanding foreign availability;
(10) consultations with the technical advisory committees established pursuant to section 5 (h) [section 2404 (h) of this Appendix], the use made of the advice rendered by such committees, and the contributions of such committees toward implementing the policies set forth in this Act [sections 2401 to 2420 of this Appendix];
(11) the effectiveness of export controls imposed under section 6 [section 2405 of this Appendix] in furthering the foreign policy of the United States;
(13) the information contained in the reports required by section 7 (b)(2) [section 2406 (b)(2) of this Appendix], together with an analysis of—
(A) the impact on the economy and world trade of shortages or increased prices for commodities subject to monitoring under this Act [sections 2401 to 2420 of this Appendix] or section 812  of the Agricultural Act of 1970 [7 U.S.C. 612c–3];
(14) actions taken by the President and the Secretary to carry out the antiboycott policies set forth in section 3(5) of this Act [section 2402 (5) of this Appendix];
(15) organizational and procedural changes undertaken in furtherance of the policies set forth in this Act [sections 2401 to 2420 of this Appendix], including changes to increase the efficiency of the export licensing process and to fulfill the requirements of section 10 [section 2409 of this Appendix], including an accounting of appeals received, court orders issued, and actions taken pursuant thereto under subsection (j) of such section;
(16) delegations of authority by the President as provided in section 4(e) of this Act [section 2403 (e) of this Appendix];
(17) efforts to keep the business sector of the Nation informed with respect to policies and procedures adopted under this Act [sections 2401 to 2420 of this Appendix];
(18) any reviews undertaken in furtherance of the policies of this Act, including the results of the review required by section 12 (d) [section 2411 (d) of this Appendix], and any action taken, on the basis of the review required by section 12 (e) [section 2411 (e) of this Appendix], to simplify regulations issued under this Act [sections 2401 to 2420 of this Appendix];
(19) violations under section 11 [section 2410 of this Appendix] and enforcement activities under section 12 [section 2411 of this Appendix]; and
(b) Report on certain export controls
To the extent that the President determines that the policies set forth in section 3 of this Act [section 2402 of this Appendix] require the control of the export of goods and technology other than those subject to multilateral controls, or require more stringent controls than the multilateral controls, the President shall include in each annual report the reasons for the need to impose, or to continue to impose, such controls and the estimated domestic economic impact on the various industries affected by such controls.
(c) Report on negotiations
(d) Report on exports to controlled countries
The Secretary shall include in each annual report a detailed report which lists every license for exports to controlled countries which was approved under this Act [sections 2401 to 2420 of this Appendix] during the preceding fiscal year. Such report shall specify to whom the license was granted, the type of goods or technology exported, and the country receiving the goods or technology. The information required by this subsection shall be subject to the provisions of section 12(c) of this Act [section 2411 (c) of this Appendix].
(e) Report on domestic economic impact of exports to controlled countries
The Secretary shall include in each annual report a detailed description of the extent of injury to United States industry and the extent of job displacement caused by United States exports of goods and technology to controlled countries. The annual report shall also include a full analysis of the consequences of exports of turnkey plants and manufacturing facilities to controlled countries which are used by such countries to produce goods for export to the United States or to compete with United States products in export markets.
(f) Annual report of the President
The President shall submit an annual report to the Congress estimating the additional defense expenditures of the United States arising from illegal technology transfers, focusing on estimated defense costs arising from illegal technology transfers that resulted in a serious adverse impact on the strategic balance of forces. These estimates shall be based on assessment by the intelligence community of any technology transfers that resulted in such serious adverse impact. This report may have a classified annex covering any information of a sensitive nature.
 See References in Text note below.