10 U.S. Code § 4552 - Policy
It is the policy of the United States—
(1) to encourage, to the maximum extent practicable, commercial firms to use Government-owned, contractor-operated ammunition manufacturing, storage, maintenance, renovation, and demilitarization facilities of the Department of the Army;
(2) to use such facilities for supporting programs, projects, policies, and initiatives that promote competition in the private sector of the United States economy and that advance United States interests in the global marketplace;
(4) to support policies and programs that provide manufacturers with incentives to assist the United States in making more efficient and economical use of eligible facilities for commercial purposes;
(5) to provide, as appropriate, small businesses (including socially and economically disadvantaged small business concerns and new small businesses) with incentives that encourage those businesses to undertake manufacturing and other industrial processing activities that contribute to the prosperity of the United States;
(6) to encourage the creation of jobs through increased investment in the private sector of the United States economy;
(7) to foster a more efficient, cost-effective, and adaptable armaments industry in the United States;
(8) to achieve, with respect to armaments manufacturing, storage, maintenance, renovation, and demilitarization capacity, an optimum level of readiness of the national technology and industrial base within the United States that is consistent with the projected threats to the national security of the United States and the projected emergency requirements of the armed forces; and
Source(Added Pub. L. 106–398, § 1 [[div. A], title III, § 344(a)(1)], Oct. 30, 2000, 114 Stat. 1654, 1654A–67; amended Pub. L. 109–163, div. A, title III, § 323(c),Jan. 6, 2006, 119 Stat. 3194.)
2006—Pars. (1), (8). Pub. L. 109–163inserted “, storage, maintenance, renovation, and demilitarization” after “manufacturing”.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.