10 U.S. Code § 7677 - Accounts of clerks of district courts
(a) The clerk of each district court, for the purpose of the final decree in each prize cause, shall keep account of—
(1) the amount deposited with the Treasurer or public depositary, subject to the order of the court in the cause; and
(b) The clerk shall draw the orders of the court for the payment of costs and allowances and for the disposition of the residue of the prize fund in each cause.
(c) The clerk shall send to the Secretary of the Treasury and the Secretary of the Navy—
Source(Aug. 10, 1956, ch. 1041, 70A Stat. 482.)
|Revised section||Source (U.S. Code)||Source (Statutes at Large)|
|7677||34 U.S.C. 1152.||R.S. 4644.|
34 U.S.C. 1152 and this section reflect modifications of R.S. 4644 effected by—
(1) Act of May 28, 1896, ch. 252, § 6,29 Stat. 179, which provided for fixed annual salaries for United States attorneys and marshals;
(2) Act of March 3, 1899, ch. 413, § 13,30 Stat. 1007, which repealed all laws authorizing distribution of prize proceeds to captors;
(3) Act of February 26, 1919, ch. 49, § 1,40 Stat. 1182, which provided that clerks of United States district courts should receive fixed annual salaries; and
(4) Act of May 29, 1920, ch. 214, 41 Stat. 654, which abolished the offices of assistant treasurers and distributed their functions.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.