15 U.S. Code § 6004 - Standards
(a) In general
Bicycle helmets manufactured 9 months or more after June 16, 1994, shall conform to—
(1) any interim standard described under subsection (b) of this section, pending the establishment of a final standard pursuant to subsection (c) of this section; and
(b) Interim standards
The interim standards are as follows:
(c) Final standard
Not later than 60 days after June 16, 1994, the Commission shall begin a proceeding under section 553 of title 5 to—
(1) review the requirements of the interim standards set forth in subsection (a) of this section and establish a final standard based on such requirements;
(2) include in the final standard a provision to protect against the risk of helmets coming off the heads of bicycle riders;
(4) include additional provisions as appropriate.
Sections 7, 9, and 30(d)  of the Consumer Product Safety Act (15 U.S.C. 2056, 2058, 2079 (d)) shall not apply to the proceeding under this subsection and section 11 of such Act (15 U.S.C. 2060) shall not apply with respect to any standard issued under such proceeding. The final standard shall take effect 1 year from the date it is issued.
(d) Failure to meet standards
(1) Failure to meet interim standard
 See References in Text note below.
Source(Pub. L. 103–267, title II, § 205,June 16, 1994, 108 Stat. 727.)
References in Text
Section 30(d) of the Consumer Product Safety Act, referred to in subsec. (c), was classified to section 2079 (d) of this title prior to repeal by Pub. L. 110–314, title II, § 237,Aug. 14, 2008, 122 Stat. 3076.
The Consumer Product Safety Act, referred to in subsec. (d), is Pub. L. 92–573, Oct. 27, 1972, 86 Stat. 1207, as amended, which is classified generally to chapter 47 (§ 2051 et seq.) of this title. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 2051 of this title and Tables.