16 U.S. Code § 1729 - Funding
(a) Cost sharing
(1) Projects by qualified youth or conservation corps
The Secretary is authorized to pay not more than 75 percent of the costs of any appropriate conservation project carried out pursuant to this subchapter on public lands by a qualified youth or conservation corps. The remaining 25 percent of the costs of such a project may be provided from nonfederal sources in the form of funds, services, facilities, materials, equipment, or any combination of the foregoing. No cost sharing shall be required in the case of any appropriate conservation project carried out on Indian lands or Hawaiian home lands under this subchapter.
(2) Public Lands Corps projects
The Secretary is authorized to accept donations of funds, services, facilities, materials, or equipment for the purposes of operating the Public Lands Corps and carrying out appropriate conservation projects by the Corps. However, nothing in this subchapter shall be construed to require any cost sharing for any project carried out directly by the Corps.
(b) Funds available under National and Community Service Act
In order to carry out the Public Lands Corps or to support resource assistants and qualified youth or conservation corps under this subchapter, the Secretary shall be eligible to apply for and receive assistance under section 121(b) of the National and Community Service Act of 1990 [42 U.S.C. 12571 (b)].
(c) Other funds
Amounts appropriated pursuant to the authorization of appropriations under section 1730 of this title are in addition to amounts allocated to the Public Lands Corps through other Federal programs or projects.
Source(Pub. L. 91–378, title II, § 210, as added Pub. L. 103–82, title I, § 105(6),Sept. 21, 1993, 107 Stat. 853; amended Pub. L. 109–154, § 2(f)(1), (g)(4),Dec. 30, 2005, 119 Stat. 2892, 2893.)
2005—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 109–154, § 2(g)(4)(A), substituted “Secretary is” for “Secretary of the Interior and the Secretary of Agriculture are each” in pars. (1) and (2).
Subsec. (b). Pub. L. 109–154, § 2(g)(4)(B), substituted “Secretary” for “Secretary of the Interior and the Secretary of Agriculture”.
Subsec. (c). Pub. L. 109–154, § 2(f)(1), added subsec. (c).
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.