16 U.S. Code § 1j - Cooperative agreements for national park natural resource protection
(a) In general
The Secretary of the Interior (referred to in this section as the “Secretary”) may enter into cooperative agreements with State, local, or tribal governments, other Federal agencies, other public entities, educational institutions, private nonprofit organizations, or participating private landowners for the purpose of protecting natural resources of units of the National Park System through collaborative efforts on land inside and outside of National Park System units.
(b) Terms and conditions
A cooperative agreement entered into under subsection (a) shall provide clear and direct benefits to park natural resources and—
(1) provide for—
(A) the preservation, conservation, and restoration of coastal and riparian systems, watersheds, and wetlands;
(B) preventing, controlling, or eradicating invasive exotic species that are within a unit of the National Park System or adjacent to a unit of the National Park System; or
(2) include a statement of purpose demonstrating how the agreement will—
(3) specify any staff required and technical assistance to be provided by the Secretary or other parties to the agreement in support of activities inside and outside the unit of the National Park System that will—
(4) identify any materials, supplies, or equipment and any other resources that will be contributed by the parties to the agreement or by other Federal agencies;
(5) describe any financial assistance to be provided by the Secretary or the partners to implement the agreement;
(6) ensure that any expenditure by the Secretary pursuant to the agreement is determined by the Secretary to support the purposes of natural resource stewardship at a unit of the National Park System; and
The Secretary shall not use any funds associated with an agreement entered into under subsection (a) for the purposes of land acquisition, regulatory activity, or the development, maintenance, or operation of infrastructure, except for ancillary support facilities that the Secretary determines to be necessary for the completion of projects or activities identified in the agreement.