16 U.S. Code § 3839aa–4 - Duties of producers
To receive payments under the program, a producer shall agree—
(1) to implement an environmental quality incentives program plan (including a comprehensive nutrient management plan, if applicable) that describes conservation and environmental purposes to be achieved through 1 or more practices that are approved by the Secretary;
(2) not to conduct any practices on the enrolled land that would tend to defeat the purposes of the program;
(3) on the violation of a term or condition of the contract at anytime the producer has control of the land—
(A) if the Secretary determines that the violation warrants termination of the contract—
(4) on the transfer of the right and interest of the producer in land subject to the contract, unless the transferee of the right and interest agrees with the Secretary to assume all obligations of the contract, to refund all payments received under the program, as determined by the Secretary;
(5) to supply information as required by the Secretary to determine compliance with the program plan and requirements of the program; and
Source(Pub. L. 99–198, title XII, § 1240D, as added Pub. L. 107–171, title II, § 2301,May 13, 2002, 116 Stat. 256; amended Pub. L. 110–234, title II, § 2505,May 22, 2008, 122 Stat. 1062; Pub. L. 110–246, § 4(a), title II, § 2505,June 18, 2008, 122 Stat. 1664, 1790; Pub. L. 113–79, title II, § 2205,Feb. 7, 2014, 128 Stat. 730.)
Pub. L. 110–234and Pub. L. 110–246made identical amendments to this section. The amendments by Pub. L. 110–234were repealed by section 4(a) ofPub. L. 110–246.
A prior section 3839aa–4,Pub. L. 99–198, title XII, § 1240D, as added Pub. L. 104–127, title III, § 334,Apr. 4, 1996, 110 Stat. 1000, related to duties of producers, prior to the general amendment of this part by Pub. L. 107–171.
2014—Par. (2). Pub. L. 113–79substituted “enrolled” for “farm, ranch, or forest”.
2008—Pub. L. 110–246, § 2505(1), struck out “technical assistance, cost-share payments, or incentive” before “payments” in introductory provisions.
Par. (2). Pub. L. 110–246, § 2505(2), substituted “farm, ranch, or forest land” for “farm or ranch”.
Par. (4). Pub. L. 110–246, § 2505(3), struck out “cost-share payments and incentive” before “payments”.
Effective Date of 2008 Amendment
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.