16 U.S. Code § 410aaa–41 - Findings
prev | next
The Congress hereby finds that—
(1) Death Valley and Joshua Tree National Parks, as established by this Act, protect unique and superlative desert resources, but do not embrace the particular ecosystems and transitional desert type found in the Mojave Desert area lying between them on public lands now afforded only impermanent administrative designation as a national scenic area;
(2) the Mojave Desert area possesses outstanding natural, cultural, historical, and recreational values meriting statutory designation and recognition as a unit of the National Park System;
(3) the Mojave Desert area should be afforded full recognition and statutory protection as a national preserve;
(4) the wilderness within the Mojave Desert should receive maximum statutory protection by designation pursuant to the Wilderness Act [16 U.S.C. 1131 et seq.]; and
(5) the Mojave Desert area provides an outstanding opportunity to develop services, programs, accommodations and facilities to ensure the use and enjoyment of the area by individuals with disabilities, consistent with section 794 of title 29, Public Law 101–336, the Americans With  Disabilities Act of 1990 [42 U.S.C. 12101 et seq.], and other appropriate laws and regulations.
 So in original. Probably should not be capitalized.
Source(Pub. L. 103–433, title V, § 501,Oct. 31, 1994, 108 Stat. 4489.)
References in Text
This Act, referred to in par. (1), is defined in section 410aaa–81 of this title.
The Wilderness Act referred to in par. (4), is Pub. L. 88–577, Sept. 3, 1964, 78 Stat. 890, as amended, which is classified generally to chapter 23 (§ 1131 et seq.) of this title. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 1131 of this title and Tables.
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, referred to in par. (5), is Pub. L. 101–336, July 26, 1990, 104 Stat. 327, as amended, which is classified principally to chapter 126 (§ 12101 et seq.) of Title 42, The Public Health and Welfare. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 12101 of Title 42 and Tables.