16 U.S. Code § 5802 - National Natural Resources Conservation Foundation
A National Natural Resources Conservation Foundation is established as a charitable and nonprofit corporation for charitable, scientific, and educational purposes specified in subsection (b) of this section. The Foundation is not an agency or instrumentality of the United States.
The Foundation shall—
(1) promote innovative solutions to the problems associated with the conservation of natural resources on private lands, particularly with respect to agriculture and soil and water conservation;
(2) promote voluntary partnerships between government and private interests in the conservation of natural resources;
(3) conduct research and undertake educational activities, conduct and support demonstration projects, and make grants to State and local agencies and nonprofit organizations;
(4) provide such other leadership and support as may be necessary to address conservation challenges, such as the prevention of excessive soil erosion, the enhancement of soil and water quality, and the protection of wetlands, wildlife habitat, and strategically important farmland subject to urban conversion and fragmentation;
(5) encourage, accept, and administer private gifts of money and real and personal property for the benefit of, or in connection with, the conservation and related activities and services of the Department, particularly the Natural Resources Conservation Service;
(6) undertake, conduct, and encourage educational, technical, and other assistance, and other activities, that support the conservation and related programs administered by the Department (other than activities carried out on National Forest System lands), particularly the Natural Resources Conservation Service, except that the Foundation may not enforce or administer a regulation of the Department; and
(c) Limitations and conflicts of interest
(1) Political activities
The Foundation shall not participate or intervene in a political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office.
(2) Conflicts of interest
No director, officer, or employee of the Foundation shall participate, directly or indirectly, in the consideration or determination of any question before the Foundation affecting—
(3) Legislation or government action or policy
No funds of the Foundation may be used in any manner for the purpose of influencing legislation or government action or policy.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.