16 U.S. Code § 6209 - Right of second appraisal
(a) Right of second appraisal
On receipt of notice from the Secretary of the determination of a new base cabin user fee, the cabin owner—
(1) not later than 60 days after the date on which the notice is received, may notify the Secretary of the intent of the cabin owner to obtain a second appraisal; and
(b) Conduct of second appraisal
In conducting a second appraisal, the appraiser selected by the cabin owner shall—
(1) have qualifications equivalent to the appraiser that conducted the initial appraisal in accordance with section 6205 (a)(4) of this title;
(2) use the appraisal guidelines used in the initial appraisal in accordance with section 6205 (a)(5) of this title;
(3) consider all relevant factors in accordance with this chapter (including guidelines developed under section 6205 (a)(3) of this title); and
(c) Request for reconsideration of base cabin user fee
A cabin owner shall submit to the Secretary any request for reconsideration of the base cabin user fee, based on the results of the second appraisal, not later than 60 days after the receipt of the report for the second appraisal.
(d) Reconsideration of base cabin user fee
On receipt of a request from the cabin owner under subsection (c) of this section for reconsideration of a base cabin user fee, not later than 60 days after the date of receipt of the request, the Secretary shall—
(3) determine a new base cabin user fee in an amount that is—
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.