20 U.S. Code § 2374 - Consortium applications
(a) In general
Each consortium that desires to receive a grant under this subchapter shall submit an application to the eligible agency at such time and in such manner as the eligible agency shall require.
Each application submitted under this section shall contain a 6-year plan for the development and implementation of tech prep programs under this subchapter, which plan shall be reviewed after the second year of the plan.
The eligible agency shall approve applications under this subchapter based on the potential of the activities described in the application to create an effective tech prep program.
(d) Special consideration
The eligible agency, as appropriate, shall give special consideration to applications that—
(1) provide for effective employment placement activities or the transfer of students to baccalaureate or advanced degree programs;
(2) are developed in consultation with business, industry, institutions of higher education, and labor organizations;
(3) address effectively the issues of school dropout prevention and reentry, and the needs of special populations;
(4) provide education and training in an area or skill, including an emerging technology, in which there is a significant workforce shortage based on the data provided by the eligible entity in the State under section 2328 of this title;
(5) demonstrate how tech prep programs will help students meet high academic and employability competencies; and
(e) Performance levels
(1) In general
(2) Resubmission of application; termination of funds
An eligible agency—
(A) shall require consortia that do not meet the performance levels described in paragraph (1) for 3 consecutive years to resubmit an application to the eligible agency for a tech prep program grant; and
Source(Pub. L. 88–210, title II, § 204, as added Pub. L. 109–270, § 1(b),Aug. 12, 2006, 120 Stat. 741.)
A prior section 2374,Pub. L. 88–210, title II, § 205, as added Pub. L. 105–332, § 1(b),Oct. 31, 1998, 112 Stat. 3120, related to consortium applications, prior to the general amendment of this chapter by Pub. L. 109–270.
A prior section 204 ofPub. L. 88–210was classified to section 2373 of this title, prior to the general amendment of this chapter by Pub. L. 109–270.