20 U.S. Code § 6843 - Reporting requirements
Based upon the evaluations provided to a State educational agency under section 6841 of this title, each such agency that receives a grant under this part shall prepare and submit every second year to the Secretary a report on programs and activities carried out by the State educational agency under this part and the effectiveness of such programs and activities in improving the education provided to children who are limited English proficient.
Every second year, the Secretary shall prepare and submit to the Committee on Education and the Workforce of the House of Representatives and the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions of the Senate a report—
(1) on programs and activities carried out to serve limited English proficient children under this part, and the effectiveness of such programs and activities in improving the academic achievement and English proficiency of children who are limited English proficient;
(2) on the types of language instruction educational programs used by local educational agencies or eligible entities receiving funding under this part to teach limited English proficient children;
(3) containing a critical synthesis of data reported by eligible entities to States under section 6841 (a) of this title;
(4) containing a description of technical assistance and other assistance provided by State educational agencies under section 6821 (b)(2)(C) of this title;
(5) containing an estimate of the number of certified or licensed teachers working in language instruction educational programs and educating limited English proficient children, and an estimate of the number of such teachers that will be needed for the succeeding 5 fiscal years;
(7) containing the number of programs or activities, if any, that were terminated because the entities carrying out the programs or activities were not able to reach program goals;
(8) containing the number of limited English proficient children served by eligible entities receiving funding under this part who were transitioned out of language instruction educational programs funded under this part into classrooms where instruction is not tailored for limited English proficient children; and
Source(Pub. L. 89–10, title III, § 3123, as added Pub. L. 107–110, title III, § 301,Jan. 8, 2002, 115 Stat. 1704.)
A prior section 6843,Pub. L. 89–10, title III, § 3133, as added Pub. L. 103–382, title I, § 101,Oct. 20, 1994, 108 Stat. 3646, related to State applications for technology education assistance, prior to the general amendment of this subchapter by Pub. L. 107–110. See section 6763 of this title.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.