21 U.S. Code § 1708a - Annual report requirement
(a) In general
On or before February 1, 2013, and every 3 years thereafter,,  the Director shall submit a report to Congress that describes—
(1) the strategy of the national media campaign and whether specific objectives of the campaign were accomplished;
(2) steps taken to ensure that the national media campaign operates in an effective and efficient manner consistent with the overall strategy and focus of the campaign;
(4) policies and practices implemented to ensure that Federal funds are used responsibly to purchase advertising time and space and eliminate the potential for waste, fraud, and abuse;
(5) all contracts entered into with a corporation, partnership, or individual working on behalf of the national media campaign;
(7) steps taken to ensure that the national media campaign will secure, to the maximum extent possible, no cost matches of advertising time and space or in-kind contributions that are directly related to the campaign in accordance with title IV of this Act; and
The Government Accountability Office shall, not later than December 31, 2013, and every 3 years thereafter—
(1) conduct and supervise an audit and investigation relating to the programs and operations of the—
(2) provide the Director and the appropriate congressional committees with a report containing an evaluation of and recommendations on the—
(B) economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in the administration of the reviewed programs and operations; and
 So in original.
Source(Pub. L. 109–469, title II, § 203,Dec. 29, 2006, 120 Stat. 3517; Pub. L. 112–234, § 2(c),Dec. 28, 2012, 126 Stat. 1624.)
References in Text
Title IV of this Act, referred to in subsec. (a)(6), (7), is title IV of Pub. L. 109–469, Dec. 29, 2006, 120 Stat. 3525, which amended section 1707 of this title.
Section was enacted as part of the Office of National Drug Control Policy Reauthorization Act of 2006, and not as part of the Office of National Drug Control Policy Reauthorization Act of 1998 which comprises this chapter.
2012—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 112–234, § 2(c)(1), substituted “, 2013, and every 3 years thereafter,” for “of each year” in introductory provisions.
Subsec. (b). Pub. L. 112–234, § 2(c)(2), substituted “not later than December 31, 2013, and every 3 years thereafter—” for “at a frequency of not less than once per year—” in introductory provisions.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.