22 U.S. Code § 2605 - Use of funds and personnel; savings provision
(a) Use of funds
Funds made available for the purposes of this chapter shall be available for—
(1) compensation, allowances, and travel of personnel, including members of the Foreign Service whose services are utilized primarily for the purpose of this chapter, and without regard to the provisions of any other law, for printing and binding, and for expenditures outside the United States for the procurement of supplies and services and for other administrative and operating purposes (other than compensation of personnel) without regard to such laws and regulations governing the obligation and expenditure of Government funds as may be necessary to accomplish the purposes of this chapter;
(2) employment or assignment of members of the Foreign Service serving under limited appointments for the duration of operations under this chapter;
(3) exchange of funds without regard to section 3651  of the Revised Statutes (31 U.S.C. 543), and loss by exchanges;
(4) expenses authorized by the Foreign Service Act of 1980 [22 U.S.C. 3901 et seq.], not otherwise provided for;
(5) expenses authorized by the Act of August 1, 1956 (70 Stat. 890–892), as amended;
(6) contracting for personal services abroad, and individuals employed by contract to perform such services shall not be considered to be employees of the United States for purposes of any law administered by the Office of Personnel Management, except that the Secretary of State may determine the applicability to such individuals of section 2(f) of the State Department Basic Authorities Act of 1956 (22 U.S.C. 2669 (f)) and of any other law administered by the Secretary concerning the employment of such individuals abroad; and
(b) Savings provision
Except as may be expressly provided to the contrary in this chapter, all determinations, authorizations, regulations, orders, contracts, agreements and other actions issued, undertaken, or entered into under authority of any provision of law repealed by this chapter shall continue in full force and effect until modified, revoked, or superseded under the authority of this chapter.
(c) Use of personnel
Personnel funded pursuant to this section are authorized to provide administrative assistance to personnel assigned to the bureau charged with carrying out this chapter.
 See References in Text note below.
Source(Pub. L. 87–510, § 5,June 28, 1962, 76 Stat. 123; Pub. L. 96–465, title II, § 2206(a)(10),Oct. 17, 1980, 94 Stat. 2162; Pub. L. 99–93, title I, § 112(a),Aug. 16, 1985, 99 Stat. 410; Pub. L. 103–236, title I, § 164(b),Apr. 30, 1994, 108 Stat. 411; Pub. L. 103–415, § 1(ff),Oct. 25, 1994, 108 Stat. 4303.)
References in Text
This chapter, referred to in text, was in the original “this Act”, meaning Pub. L. 87–510, June 28, 1962, 76 Stat. 121, as amended, known as the Migration and Refugee Assistance Act of 1962, which enacted this chapter, amended section 1104 of Title 8, Aliens and Nationality, repealed sections 1925 (a), (c), (d), and 1951 (c) of this title, enacted a provision set out as a note under section 2601 of this title, and amended a provision set out as a note under section 1182 of title 8. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 2601 of this title and Tables.
Section 3651 of the Revised Statutes (31 U.S.C. 543), referred to in subsec. (a)(3), was repealed by Pub. L. 97–258, § 5(b),Sept. 13, 1982, 96 Stat. 1068, the first section of which enacted Title 31, Money and Finance.
The Foreign Service Act of 1980, referred to in subsec. (a)(4), is Pub. L. 96–465, Oct. 17, 1980, 94 Stat. 2071, which is classified principally to chapter 52 (§ 3901 et seq.) of this title. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 3901 of this title and Tables.
Act of August 1, 1956, as amended, referred to in subsec. (a)(5), is act Aug. 1, 1956, ch. 841, 70 Stat. 890, known as the State Department Basic Authorities Act of 1956, which enacted sections 2651a, 2669, 2670, 2671, 2672, 2673 to 2679a, 2680, 2680a, 2684, 2687 to 2690, 2692, 2695, 2696 to 2715, and 2715b to 2734 of this title and chapters 53 (§ 4301 et seq.), 53A (§ 4341 et seq.), and 53B (§ 4351 et seq.) of this title. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 2651 of this title and Tables.
1985—Subsec. (a)(6), (7). Pub. L. 99–93, § 112(a), added par. (6) and redesignated former par. (6) as (7).
1980—Subsec. (a)(1). Pub. L. 96–465, § 2206(a)(10)(A), substituted “members of the Foreign Service” for “Foreign Service personnel”.
Subsec. (a)(2). Pub. L. 96–465, § 2206(a)(10)(B), substituted “members of the Foreign Service serving under limited appointments” for “Foreign Service Reserve officers”.
Subsec. (a)(4). Pub. L. 96–465, § 2206(a)(10)(C), substituted reference to the Foreign Service Act of 1980 for reference to the Foreign Service Act of 1946.
Effective Date of 1985 Amendment
Pub. L. 99–93, title I, § 112(b),Aug. 16, 1985, 99 Stat. 411, provided that: “Authority provided by the amendment made by subsection (a) [amending this section] shall only apply with respect to funds appropriated after the date of the enactment of this Act [Aug. 16, 1985].”
Effective Date of 1980 Amendment