22 U.S. Code § -
(a) In general
The Secretary of the Treasury shall instruct the United States Executive Director of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development to propose, and urge the Executive Board and the management of the bank to develop and implement  specific mechanisms designed to—
(1) substantially improve the ability of the staff of the bank to interact with nongovernmental organizations and other local groups that are affected by loans made by the bank to borrower countries; and
(b) Certain mechanisms urged
The mechanisms described in subsection (a) of this section shall include, at a minimum, the following measures:
(1) An instruction to the management of the bank to undertake efforts to appropriately train and significantly increase the number of bank professional staff (based in Washington, District of Columbia, as of November 5, 1990) assigned, on a rotating basis, to field offices of the bank in borrower countries.
(2) The assignment to at least 1 professional in each field office of the bank in a borrower country of responsibility for relations with local nongovernmental organizations, and for the preparation and submission to appropriate staff of the bank of a report on the impact of project loans to be made by the bank to the country, based on views solicited from local people who will be affected by such loans, which shall be included as part of the project appraisal report.
(3) The establishment of the Grassroots Collaboration Program described in section 262p–1 (a) of this title.
(4) Before a project loan is made to a borrower country, the country is to be required to hold open hearings on the proposed project during project identification and project preparation.
 So in original. Probably should be followed by a comma.
Source(Pub. L. 95–118, title XVI, § 1617, as added Pub. L. 101–513, title V, § 562(a)(2),Nov. 5, 1990, 104 Stat. 2032.)
A prior section 1617 ofPub. L. 95–118was renumbered section 1622 and is classified to section 262p–5 of this title.
The definitions in section 262p–5 of this title apply to this section.