22 U.S. Code § 6324 - Definitions
prev | next
As used in this subchapter—
(1) the term “highly enriched uranium” means uranium enriched to 20 percent or more in the isotope U–235;
(3) the term “near real time material accountancy” means a method of accounting for the location, quantity, and disposition of special fissionable material at facilities that store or process such material, in which verification of peaceful use is continuously achieved by means of frequent physical inventories and the use of in-process instrumentation;
(4) the term “special fissionable material” has the meaning given that term by Article XX(1) of the Statute of the International Atomic Energy Agency, done at the Headquarters of the United Nations on October 26, 1956;
(5) the term “the Treaty” means the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, signed at Washington, London, and Moscow on July 1, 1968; and
(6) the terms “IAEA safeguards”, “non-nuclear-weapon state”, “nuclear explosive device”, and “special nuclear material” have the meanings given those terms in section 6305 of this title.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.