25 U.S. Code § 1638g - Mobile health stations demonstration program
prev | next
In this section:
(1) Eligible tribal consortium
The term “eligible tribal consortium” means a consortium composed of 2 or more Service units between which a mobile health station can be transported by road in up to 8 hours. A Service unit operated by the Service or by an Indian tribe or tribal organization shall be equally eligible for participation in such consortium.
(2) Mobile health station
The term “mobile health station” means a health care unit that—
(A) is constructed, maintained, and capable of being transported within a semi-trailer truck or similar vehicle;
(3) Specialty health care service
(A) In general
The term “specialty health care service” means a health care service which requires the services of a health care professional with specialized knowledge or experience.
The Secretary, acting through the Service, shall establish a demonstration program under which the Secretary shall provide at least 3 mobile health station projects.
To be eligible to receive a mobile health station under the demonstration program, an eligible tribal consortium shall submit to the Secretary,  a petition at such time, in such manner, and containing—
(2) a description of the specialty service or services for which the mobile health station is requested and the extent to which such service or services are currently available to the Indian population to be served; and
(d) Use of funds
The Secretary shall use amounts made available to carry out the demonstration program under this section—
(A) to establish, purchase, lease, or maintain mobile health stations for the eligible tribal consortia selected for projects; and
(2) to employ an existing mobile health station (regardless of whether the mobile health station is owned or rented and operated by the Service) to provide specialty health care services to an eligible tribal consortium; and
Not later than 1 year after the date on which the demonstration program is established under subsection (b) and annually thereafter, the Secretary, acting through the Service, shall submit to Congress a report describing—
(1) each activity carried out under the demonstration program including an evaluation of the success of the activity; and
(f) Authorization of appropriations
There are authorized to be appropriated $5,000,000 per year to carry out the demonstration program under this section for the first 5 fiscal years, and such sums as may be needed to carry out the program in subsequent fiscal years.
 So in original. The comma probably should not appear.
Source(Pub. L. 94–437, title III, § 313, as added Pub. L. 111–148, title X, § 10221(a),Mar. 23, 2010, 124 Stat. 935.)