25 U.S. Code § 2717 - Commission funding
(1) The Commission shall establish a schedule of fees to be paid to the Commission annually by each gaming operation that conducts a class II or class III gaming activity that is regulated by this chapter.
(A) The rate of the fees imposed under the schedule established under paragraph (1) shall be—
of the gross revenues from each activity regulated by this chapter.
(3) The Commission, by a vote of not less than two of its members, shall annually adopt the rate of the fees authorized by this section which shall be payable to the Commission on a quarterly basis.
(4) Failure to pay the fees imposed under the schedule established under paragraph (1) shall, subject to the regulations of the Commission, be grounds for revocation of the approval of the Chairman of any license, ordinance, or resolution required under this chapter for the operation of gaming.
(5) To the extent that revenue derived from fees imposed under the schedule established under paragraph (1) are not expended or committed at the close of any fiscal year, such surplus funds shall be credited to each gaming activity on a pro rata basis against such fees imposed for the succeeding year.
(1) The Commission, in coordination with the Secretary and in conjunction with the fiscal year of the United States, shall adopt an annual budget for the expenses and operation of the Commission.
(2) The budget of the Commission may include a request for appropriations, as authorized by section 2718 of this title, in an amount equal the amount of funds derived from assessments authorized by subsection (a) of this section for the fiscal year preceding the fiscal year for which the appropriation request is made.
Source(Pub. L. 100–497, § 18,Oct. 17, 1988, 102 Stat. 2484; Pub. L. 105–83, title I, § 123(a)(1)–(2)(B), Nov. 14, 1997, 111 Stat. 1566; Pub. L. 109–221, title III, § 301(b),May 12, 2006, 120 Stat. 341.)
2006—Subsec. (a)(2)(B). Pub. L. 109–221added subpar. (B) and struck out former subpar. (B) which read as follows: “The total amount of all fees imposed during any fiscal year under the schedule established under paragraph (1) shall not exceed $8,000,000.”
1997—Subsec. (a)(1). Pub. L. 105–83, § 123(a)(1), substituted “gaming operation that conducts a class II or class III gaming activity” for “class II gaming activity”.
Subsec. (a)(2)(A)(i). Pub. L. 105–83, § 123(a)(2)(A), substituted “no more than 2.5 percent” for “no less than 0.5 percent nor more than 2.5 percent”.
Subsec. (a)(2)(B). Pub. L. 105–83, § 123(a)(2)(B), substituted “$8,000,000” for “$1,500,000”.
Application to Self-Regulated Tribes
Pub. L. 105–83, title I, § 123(a)(2)(C),Nov. 14, 1997, 111 Stat. 1566, as amended by Pub. L. 105–277, div. A, § 101(e) [title III, § 338], Oct. 21, 1998, 112 Stat. 2681–231, 2681–295, provided that: “[N]othing in subsection (a) of this section [amending this section] shall apply to the Mississippi Band of Choctaw.”
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.