25 U.S. Code § 4239 - Performance reports
For each fiscal year, the Director shall—
(1) review the progress the Department has made during that fiscal year in carrying out the housing plan submitted by the Department under section 4223 of this title; and
Each report submitted under this section for a fiscal year shall—
(1) describe the use of grant amounts provided to the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands for that fiscal year;
(2) assess the relationship of the use referred to in paragraph (1) to the goals identified in the housing plan;
(4) describe the manner in which the Department would change its housing plan submitted under section 4223 of this title as a result of its experiences.
The Secretary shall—
(d) Public availability
(1) Comments by beneficiaries
In preparing a report under this section, the Director shall make the report publicly available to the beneficiaries of the Hawaiian Homes Commission Act, 1920 (42 Stat. 108 et seq.) and give a sufficient amount of time to permit those beneficiaries to comment on that report before it is submitted to the Secretary (in such manner and at such time as the Director may determine).
Source(Pub. L. 104–330, title VIII, § 820, as added Pub. L. 106–568, title II, § 203,Dec. 27, 2000, 114 Stat. 2893, and Pub. L. 106–569, title V, § 513,Dec. 27, 2000, 114 Stat. 2987.)
References in Text
The Hawaiian Homes Commission Act, 1920, referred to in subsec. (d)(1), is act July 9, 1921, ch. 42, 42 Stat. 108, as amended, which was classified generally to sections 691 to 718 of Title 48, Territories and Insular Possessions, and was omitted from the Code.