29 U.S. Code § 795k - State plan
prev | next
(a) State plan supplements
To be eligible for an allotment under this part, a State shall submit to the Commissioner, as part of the State plan under section 721 of this title, a State plan supplement for providing supported employment services authorized under this chapter to individuals who are eligible under this chapter to receive the services. Each State shall make such annual revisions in the plan supplement as may be necessary.
Each such plan supplement shall—
(1) designate each designated State agency as the agency to administer the program assisted under this part;
(2) summarize the results of the comprehensive, statewide assessment conducted under section 721 (a)(15)(A)(i) of this title, with respect to the rehabilitation needs of individuals with significant disabilities and the need for supported employment services, including needs related to coordination;
(3) describe the quality, scope, and extent of supported employment services authorized under this chapter to be provided to individuals who are eligible under this chapter to receive the services and specify the goals and plans of the State with respect to the distribution of funds received under section 795h of this title;
(4) demonstrate evidence of the efforts of the designated State agency to identify and make arrangements (including entering into cooperative agreements) with other State agencies and other appropriate entities to assist in the provision of supported employment services;
(5) demonstrate evidence of the efforts of the designated State agency to identify and make arrangements (including entering into cooperative agreements) with other public or nonprofit agencies or organizations within the State, employers, natural supports, and other entities with respect to the provision of extended services;
(6) provide assurances that—
(A) funds made available under this part will only be used to provide supported employment services authorized under this chapter to individuals who are eligible under this part to receive the services;
(B) the comprehensive assessments of individuals with significant disabilities conducted under section 722 (b)(1) of this title and funded under subchapter I of this chapter will include consideration of supported employment as an appropriate employment outcome;
(C) an individualized plan for employment, as required by section 722 of this title, will be developed and updated using funds under subchapter I of this chapter in order to—
(iii) identify the source of extended services, which may include natural supports, or to the extent that it is not possible to identify the source of extended services at the time the individualized plan for employment is developed, a statement describing the basis for concluding that there is a reasonable expectation that such sources will become available;
(D) the State will use funds provided under this part only to supplement, and not supplant, the funds provided under subchapter I of this chapter, in providing supported employment services specified in the individualized plan for employment;
(E) services provided under an individualized plan for employment will be coordinated with services provided under other individualized plans established under other Federal or State programs;
(7) provide assurances that the State agencies designated under paragraph (1) will expend not more than 5 percent of the allotment of the State under this part for administrative costs of carrying out this part; and
Source(Pub. L. 93–112, title VI, § 625, as added Pub. L. 105–220, title IV, § 409,Aug. 7, 1998, 112 Stat. 1215; amended Pub. L. 105–277, div. A, § 101(f) [title VIII, § 402(b)(16)], Oct. 21, 1998, 112 Stat. 2681–337, 2681–414.)
Provisions similar to this section were contained in section 795n of this title prior to the general amendment of this subchapter by Pub. L. 105–220.
A prior section 795k,Pub. L. 93–112, title VI, § 632, as added Pub. L. 102–569, title VI, § 621(a),Oct. 29, 1992, 106 Stat. 4439, related to allotments, prior to the general amendment of this subchapter by Pub. L. 105–220. See section 795h of this title.
Another prior section 795k,Pub. L. 93–112, title VI, § 632, as added Pub. L. 99–506, title VII, § 704(a)(1),Oct. 21, 1986, 100 Stat. 1834, related to eligibility for services under former part C of this subchapter, prior to repeal by Pub. L. 102–569, § 621(a).
1998—Pub. L. 105–277made technical amendment in original to section designation and catchline.