33 U.S. Code § 2325 - Voluntary contributions for environmental and recreation projects

prev | next
(a) Acceptance
In connection with carrying out a water resources project for environmental protection and restoration or a water resources project for recreation, the Secretary is authorized to accept contributions of cash, funds, materials, and services from persons, including governmental entities but excluding the project sponsor.
(b) Deposit
Any cash or funds received by the Secretary under subsection (a) of this section shall be deposited into the account in the Treasury of the United States entitled “Contributions and Advances, Rivers and Harbors, Corps of Engineers (8862)” and shall be available until expended to carry out water resources projects described in subsection (a) of this section.


(Pub. L. 102–580, title II, § 203,Oct. 31, 1992, 106 Stat. 4826; Pub. L. 104–303, title II, § 236(a),Oct. 12, 1996, 110 Stat. 3705.)

Section was enacted as part of the Water Resources Development Act of 1992, and not as part of the Water Resources Development Act of 1986 which comprises this chapter.

1996—Subsec. (b). Pub. L. 104–303substituted “(8862)” for “(8662)”.
“Secretary” Defined

Secretary means the Secretary of the Army, see section 3 ofPub. L. 102–580, set out as a note under section 2201 of this title.


LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.