38 U.S. Code § 4315 - Reemployment by certain Federal agencies
(a) The head of each agency referred to in section 2302 (a)(2)(C)(ii) of title 5 shall prescribe procedures for ensuring that the rights under this chapter apply to the employees of such agency.
(b) In prescribing procedures under subsection (a), the head of an agency referred to in that subsection shall ensure, to the maximum extent practicable, that the procedures of the agency for reemploying persons who serve in the uniformed services provide for the reemployment of such persons in the agency in a manner similar to the manner of reemployment described in section 4313.
(1) The procedures prescribed under subsection (a) shall designate an official at the agency who shall determine whether or not the reemployment of a person referred to in subsection (b) by the agency is impossible or unreasonable.
(2) Upon making a determination that the reemployment by the agency of a person referred to in subsection (b) is impossible or unreasonable, the official referred to in paragraph (1) shall notify the person and the Director of the Office of Personnel Management of such determination.
(4) The head of each agency referred to in subsection (a) shall submit to the Select Committee on Intelligence and the Committee on Veterans’ Affairs of the Senate and the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the Committee on Veterans’ Affairs of the House of Representatives on an annual basis a report on the number of persons whose reemployment with the agency was determined under this subsection to be impossible or unreasonable during the year preceding the report, including the reason for each such determination.
(1) Except as provided in this section, nothing in this section, section 4313, orsection 4325 shall be construed to exempt any agency referred to in subsection (a) from compliance with any other substantive provision of this chapter.
(2) This section may not be construed—
(A) as prohibiting an employee of an agency referred to in subsection (a) from seeking information from the Secretary regarding assistance in seeking reemployment from the agency under this chapter, alternative employment in the Federal Government under this chapter, or information relating to the rights and obligations of employee and Federal agencies under this chapter; or
(e) The Director of the Office of Personnel Management shall ensure the offer of employment to a person in a position in a Federal executive agency on the basis described in subsection (b) if—
(1) the person was an employee of an agency referred to in section 2302 (a)(2)(C)(ii) of title 5 at the time the person entered the service from which the person seeks reemployment under this section;
(2) the appropriate officer of the agency determines under subsection (c) that reemployment of the person by the agency is impossible or unreasonable; and
Source(Added Pub. L. 103–353, § 2(a),Oct. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 3159.)
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.