41 U.S. Code § 1908 - Inflation adjustment of acquisition-related dollar thresholds
prev | next
(a) Definition.— In this section, the term “Council” has the meaning given that term in section 1301 of this title.
(1) In general.— Except as provided in paragraph (2), the requirement for adjustment under subsection (c) applies to a dollar threshold that is specified in law as a factor in defining the scope of the applicability of a policy, procedure, requirement, or restriction provided in that law to the procurement of property or services by an executive agency, as the Council determines.
(2) Exceptions.— Subsection (c) does not apply to dollar thresholds—
(c) Requirement for Periodic Adjustment.—
(1) Baseline constant dollar value.— For purposes of paragraph (2), the baseline constant dollar value for a dollar threshold—
(A) in effect on October 1, 2000, that was first specified in a law that took effect on or before October 1, 2000, is the October 1, 2000, constant dollar value of that dollar threshold; and
(2) Adjustment.— On October 1 of each year evenly divisible by 5, the Council shall adjust each acquisition-related dollar threshold provided by law, as described in subsection (b)(1), to the baseline constant dollar value of that threshold.
(d) Publication.— The Council shall publish a notice of the adjusted dollar thresholds under this section in the Federal Register. The thresholds take effect on the date of publication.
(e) Calculation.— An adjustment under this section shall be—
(1) calculated on the basis of changes in the Consumer Price Index for all-urban consumers published monthly by the Secretary of Labor; and
(2) rounded, in the case of a dollar threshold that on the day before the adjustment is—
(f) Petition for Inclusion of Omitted Threshold.—
(1) Petition submitted to administrator.— A person may request adjustment of a dollar threshold adjustable under this section that is not included in a notice of adjustment published under subsection (d) by submitting a petition for adjustment to the Administrator.
(2) Actions of administrator.— On receipt of a petition for adjustment of a dollar threshold under paragraph (1), the Administrator—
(A) shall determine, in writing, whether the dollar threshold is required to be adjusted under this section; and
Source(Pub. L. 111–350, § 3,Jan. 4, 2011, 124 Stat. 3725.)
|Revised Section||Source (U.S. Code)||Source (Statutes at Large)|
|Pub. L. 93–400, § 35A, as added Pub. L. 108–375, title VIII, § 807(a)(1), Oct. 28, 2004, 118 Stat. 2010.|
|Pub. L. 108–375, title VIII, § 807(c)(1), Oct. 28, 2004, 118 Stat. 2011.|
|Pub. L. 108–375, title VIII, § 807(c)(2), Oct. 28, 2004, 118 Stat. 2011.|
In subsection (c)(3), the words “After the date of the enactment of this Act” are omitted as obsolete.
In subsection (e)(1), the words “Secretary of Labor” are substituted for “Department of Labor” because of 29:551.
References in Text
The Trade Agreements Act of 1979, referred to in subsec. (b)(2)(C), is Pub. L. 96–39, July 26, 1979, 93 Stat. 144. Title III of the Act is classified generally to subchapter I (§ 2511 et seq.) of chapter 13 of Title 19, Customs Duties. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see References in Text note set out under section 2501 of Title 19 and Tables.
Adjustment for Inflation of Right-Hand Drive Passenger Sedans
Pub. L. 112–81, div. A, title VIII, § 814(b),Dec. 31, 2011, 125 Stat. 1491, provided that: “The Department of Defense representative to the Federal Acquisition Regulatory Council established under section 1302 of title 41, United States Code, shall ensure that the threshold established in section 2253 of title 10, United States Code, for the acquisition of right-hand drive passenger sedans is included on the list of dollar thresholds that are subject to adjustment for inflation in accordance with the requirements of section 1908 of title 41, United States Code, and is adjusted pursuant to such provision, as appropriate.”