42 U.S. Code § 12584a - Prohibited activities and ineligible organizations
(a) Prohibited activities
An approved national service position under this division may not be used for the following activities:
(5) Engaging in partisan political activities, or other activities designed to influence the outcome of an election to Federal office or the outcome of an election to a State or local public office.
(6) Participating in, or endorsing, events or activities that are likely to include advocacy for or against political parties, political platforms, political candidates, proposed legislation, or elected officials.
(7) Engaging in religious instruction, conducting worship services, providing instruction as part of a program that includes mandatory religious instruction or worship, constructing or operating facilities devoted to religious instruction or worship, maintaining facilities primarily or inherently devoted to religious instruction or worship, or engaging in any form of proselytization, consistent with section 12584 of this title.
(8) Consistent with section 12584 of this title, providing a direct benefit to any—
(D) nonprofit organization that fails to comply with the restrictions contained in section 501 (c) of title 26, except that nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to prevent participants from engaging in advocacy activities undertaken at their own initiative; and
(10) Conducting a voter registration drive or using Corporation funds to conduct a voter registration drive.
No assistance provided under this division may be provided to any organization that has violated a Federal criminal statute.
(c) Nondisplacement of employed workers or other volunteers
A participant in an approved national service position under this division may not be directed to perform any services or duties, or to engage in any activities, prohibited under the nonduplication, nondisplacement, or nonsupplantation requirements relating to employees and volunteers in section 12637 of this title.