42 U.S. Code § 14116 - State application
(a) In general
Each State desiring an allotment under section 14112 of this title shall submit an application to the Director at such time, in such manner, and accompanied by such information as the Director may reasonably require.
An application under subsection (a) of this section shall—
(1) describe the scholarship program and the student employment program for which assistance under this part is sought;
(2) contain assurances that the lead agency will work in cooperation with the local law enforcement liaisons, representatives of police labor organizations and police management organizations, and other appropriate State and local agencies to develop and implement interagency agreements designed to carry out this part;
(3) contain assurances that the State will advertise the scholarship assistance and student employment it will provide under this part and that the State will use such programs to enhance recruitment efforts;
(4) contain assurances that the State will screen and select law enforcement personnel for participation in the scholarship program under this part;
(5) contain assurances that under such student employment program the State will screen and select, for participation in such program, students who have an interest in undertaking a career in law enforcement;
(6) contain assurances that under such scholarship program the State will make scholarship payments to institutions of higher education on behalf of persons who receive scholarships under this part;
(7) with respect to such student employment program, identify—
(8) identify model curriculum and existing programs designed to meet the educational and professional needs of law enforcement personnel; and
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.