42 U.S. Code § 300ee–13 - Requirement of submission of application containing certain agreements and assurances
prev | next
(a) In general
The Secretary may not make payments under section 300ee–11 (a) of this title for a fiscal year unless—
(1) the State involved submits to the Secretary a description of the purposes for which the State intends to expend the payments for the fiscal year;
(2) the description identifies the populations, areas, and localities in the State with a need for the services for which amounts may be provided by the State under this part;
(3) the description provides information relating to the programs and activities to be supported and services to be provided, including a description of the manner in which such programs and activities will be coordinated with any similar programs and activities of public and private entities;
(4) the State submits to the Secretary an application for the payments containing agreements in accordance with this part;
(6) with respect to such agreements, the application provides assurances of compliance satisfactory to the Secretary; and
(b) Opportunity for public comment
The Secretary may not make payments under section 300ee–11 (a) of this title for a fiscal year unless the State involved agrees that, in developing and carrying out the description required in subsection (a) of this section, the State will provide public notice with respect to the description (including any revisions) and will facilitate comments from interested persons.
Source(July 1, 1944, ch. 373, title XXV, formerly title XV, § 2503, as added Pub. L. 100–607, title II, § 221,Nov. 4, 1988, 102 Stat. 3095; amended Pub. L. 100–690, title II, § 2619(c),Nov. 18, 1988, 102 Stat. 4242; renumbered title XXV, Pub. L. 101–93, § 5(e)(1),Aug. 16, 1989, 103 Stat. 612.)
A prior section 2503 of act July 1, 1944, was successively renumbered by subsequent acts, see section 238b of this title.
1988—Subsec. (a)(3). Pub. L. 100–690struck out “and” after semicolon.
Effective Date of 1988 Amendment