42 U.S. Code § 3797u–3 - Administration
prev | next
The Attorney General shall consult with the Secretary of Health and Human Services and any other appropriate officials in carrying out this subchapter.
(b) Use of components
The Attorney General may utilize any component or components of the Department of Justice in carrying out this subchapter.
(c) Regulatory authority
The Attorney General may issue regulations and guidelines necessary to carry out this subchapter.
In addition to any other requirements that may be specified by the Attorney General, an application for a grant under this subchapter shall—
(1) include a long-term strategy and detailed implementation plan that shall provide for the consultation and coordination with appropriate State and local prosecutors, particularly when program participants fail to comply with program requirements;
(3) certify that the Federal support provided will be used to supplement, and not supplant, State, Indian tribal, and local sources of funding that would otherwise be available;
(4) identify related governmental or community initiatives which complement or will be coordinated with the proposal;
(5) certify that there has been appropriate consultation with all affected agencies and that there will be appropriate coordination with all affected agencies in the implementation of the program;
(6) certify that participating offenders will be supervised by 1 or more designated judges with responsibility for the drug court program;
(7) specify plans for obtaining necessary support and continuing the proposed program following the conclusion of Federal support; and