42 U.S. Code § 4763 - General administrative provisions
(a) Administration by Office
Unless otherwise specifically provided, the Office shall administer this chapter.
(b) Advice and assistance
The Office shall furnish such advice and assistance to State and local governments as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this chapter.
(c) Regulations and standards; contracts: modification, covenants, conditions, and provisions; utilization of other agencies
In the performance of, and with respect to, the functions, powers, and duties vested in it by this chapter, the Office may—
(1) issue such standards and regulations as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this chapter;
(2) consent to the modification of any contract entered into pursuant to this chapter, such consent being subject to any specific limitations of this chapter;
(3) include in any contract made pursuant to this chapter such covenants, conditions, or provisions as it deems necessary to assure that the purposes of this chapter will be achieved; and
(d) Information: collection and availability; research and evaluation; administration report; coordination of Federal programs
In the performance of, and with respect to the functions, powers, and duties vested in it by this chapter, the Office—
(1) may collect information from time to time with respect to State and local government training programs and personnel administration improvement programs and projects under this chapter, and make such information available to interested groups, organizations, or agencies, public or private;
(2) may conduct such research and make such evaluation as needed for the efficient administration of this chapter;
Source(Pub. L. 91–648, title V, § 503,Jan. 5, 1971, 84 Stat. 1926; 1978 Reorg. Plan No. 2, § 102, eff. Jan. 1, 1979, 43 F.R. 36037, 92 Stat. 3783.)
References in Text
This chapter, referred to in text, means the provisions of subchapters I, II, III, and IV of this chapter. See section 4761 of this title.
The Higher Education Act of 1965, referred to in subsec. (d)(4), is Pub. L. 89–329, Nov. 8, 1965, 79 Stat. 1219, as amended. Title I of the Higher Education Act of 1965 is classified generally to subchapter I (§ 1001 et seq.) of chapter 28 of Title 20, Education. Title I as originally enacted by Pub. L. 89–329related to community service and continuing education programs. Title I was amended generally by Pub. L. 96–374, Pub. L. 99–498, Pub. L. 102–325, and Pub. L. 105–244, and now contains general provisions. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 1001 of Title 20 and Tables.
Transfer of Functions
“Office”, meaning Office of Personnel Management, substituted for “Commission”, meaning Civil Service Commission, in subsecs. (a) to (d) pursuant to Reorg. Plan No. 2 of 1978, § 102,43 F.R. 36037, 92 Stat. 3783, set out under section 1101 of Title 5, Government Organization and Employees, which transferred functions vested by statute in Civil Service Commission and Chairman thereof to Director of Office of Personnel Management (except as otherwise specified), effective Jan. 1, 1979, as provided by section 1–102 of Ex. Ord. No. 12107, Dec. 28, 1978, 44 F.R. 1055, set out under section 1101 of Title 5.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.