42 U.S. Code § 8803 - Funding
(a) Authorization of appropriations
To the extent provided in advance in appropriation Acts, for the two year period beginning October 1, 1980, there is authorized to be appropriated and transferred $1,170,000,000 from the Energy Security Reserve established in the Treasury of the United States under title II of the Act entitled “An Act making appropriations for the Department of the Interior and related agencies for the fiscal year ending September 30, 1980, and for other purposes” (Public Law 96–126; 93 Stat. 970) and made available for obligation by such Act only to the extent provided in advance in appropriation Acts, as follows:
(1) $460,000,000 to the Secretary of Agriculture for carrying out activities under subchapter I of this chapter, except of the amount of the financial assistance provided by the Secretary of Agriculture under subchapter I of this chapter, up to one-third shall be for small-scale biomass energy projects;
(2) $460,000,000 to the Secretary of Energy for carrying out biomass energy activities under subchapter I of this chapter, of which at least $500,000,000  shall be available to the Office of Alcohol Fuels for carrying out its activities, and any amount not made available to the Office of Alcohol Fuels shall be available to the Secretary to carry out the purposes of subchapter I of this chapter under available authorities of the Secretary, including authorities under subchapter I of this chapter; and
(b) Availability of funds until expended
Funds made available under subsection (a) of this section shall remain available until expended.
(c) Determinations respecting amount of appropriations remaining available
(1) For purposes of determining the amount of such appropriations which remain available for purposes of this chapter—
(C) price guarantees and purchase agreements shall be counted at the value determined by the Secretary concerned as of the date of each such contract based upon the Secretary’s determination of the maximum potential liability of the United States under the contract; and
(2) Determinations under paragraph (1) shall be made in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, consistently applied.
(3) If more than one form of financial assistance is to be provided to any one project, the obligations and commitments thereunder shall be counted at the maximum potential exposure of the United States on such project at any time during the life of such project.
(d) Financial assistance provided only to extent advanced in appropriation Acts
Financial assistance may be provided under this chapter only to the extent provided in advance in appropriation Acts.
 So in original. Pub. L. 97–35decreased appropriation to $460,000,000 from $600,000,000 without amending sum of $500,000,000.
Source(Pub. L. 96–294, title II, § 204,June 30, 1980, 94 Stat. 685; Pub. L. 97–35, title X, §§ 1061–1063,Aug. 13, 1981, 95 Stat. 622.)
References in Text
The Energy Security Reserve established in the Treasury of the United States under title II of the Act entitled “An Act making appropriations for the Department of the Interior and related agencies for the fiscal year ending September 30, 1980, and for other purposes” (Public Law 96–126; 93 Stat. 970), referred to in subsec. (a), was established by Pub. L. 96–126, title II, § 201,Nov. 27, 1979, 93 Stat. 970, which is set out as a note under section 5915 of this title.
This chapter, referred to in subsecs. (c)(1) and (d), was in the original “this title”, meaning title II of Pub. L. 96–294, June 30, 1980, 94 Stat. 683, known as the Biomass Energy and Alcohol Fuels Act of 1980, which is classified principally to this chapter. For complete classification of title II to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 8801 of this title and Tables.
1981—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 97–35, § 1063, substituted “$1,170,000,000” for “$1,450,000,000”.
Subsec. (a)(1). Pub. L. 97–35, § 1061, substituted “$460,000,000” for “$600,000,000”.
Subsec. (a)(2). Pub. L. 97–35, § 1062, substituted “$460,000,000” for “$600,000,000”.
Effective Date of 1981 Amendment
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.