44 U.S. Code § 3533 - Authority and functions of the Director
prev | next
(a) The Director shall oversee agency information security policies and practices, by—
(2) overseeing the implementation of policies, principles, standards, and guidelines on information security;
(3) requiring agencies, consistent with the standards promulgated under such section 11331 and the requirements of this subchapter, to identify and provide information security protections commensurate with the risk and magnitude of the harm resulting from the unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction of—
(4) coordinating the development of standards and guidelines under section 20 of the National Institute of Standards and Technology Act (15 U.S.C. 278g–3) with agencies and offices operating or exercising control of national security systems (including the National Security Agency) to assure, to the maximum extent feasible, that such standards and guidelines are complementary with standards and guidelines developed for national security systems;
(5) overseeing agency compliance with the requirements of this subchapter, including through any authorized action under section 11303 (b)(5) of title 40, to enforce accountability for compliance with such requirements;
(6) reviewing at least annually, and approving or disapproving, agency information security programs required under section 3534 (b);
(7) coordinating information security policies and procedures with related information resources management policies and procedures; and
(8) reporting to Congress no later than March 1 of each year on agency compliance with the requirements of this subchapter, including—
(A) a summary of the findings of evaluations required by section 3535;
Source(Added Pub. L. 107–296, title X, § 1001(b)(1),Nov. 25, 2002, 116 Stat. 2261.)
Applicability of Section
This section not to apply while subchapter III of this chapter is in effect, see section 3549 of this title.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.