50 U.S. Code § 2736 - Notification of nuclear criticality and non-nuclear incidents
prev | next
The Secretary of Energy or the Administrator, as the case may be, shall submit to the appropriate congressional committees a notification of a nuclear criticality incident resulting from a covered program that results in an injury or fatality or results in the shutdown, or partial shutdown, of a covered facility by not later than 15 days after the date of such incident.
(b) Elements of notification
Each notification submitted under subsection (a) shall include the following:
(2) In the case of a criticality incident, whether the incident caused a facility, or part of a facility, to be shut down.
(3) The effect, if any, on the mission of the Administration or the Office of Environmental Management of the Department of Energy.
(2) An incident described in this paragraph is any of the following incidents resulting from a covered program:
(A) A nuclear criticality incident that results in an injury or fatality or results in the shutdown, or partial shutdown, of a covered facility.
In carrying out this section, the Secretary and the Administrator shall ensure that each management and operating contractor of a covered facility cooperates in a timely manner.
In this section:
(1) The term “appropriate congressional committees” means—
(2) The term “covered facility” means—
Source(Pub. L. 107–314, div. D, title XLVI, § 4646, as added Pub. L. 112–239, div. C, title XXXI, § 3142(a)(1),Jan. 2, 2013, 126 Stat. 2194; amended Pub. L. 113–66, div. C, title XXXI, § 3146(g)(13),Dec. 26, 2013, 127 Stat. 1080.)
2013—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 113–66substituted “Energy or” for “Energy and”.