7 U.S. Code § 2009dd–4 - Regional investment strategy grants
prev | next
(a) In general
The Secretary shall make regional investment strategy grants available to Regional Boards for use in developing, implementing, and maintaining regional investment strategies.
(b) Regional investment strategy
A regional investment strategy shall provide—
(1) an assessment of the competitive advantage of a region, including—
(C) an overview of the population, geography, workforce, transportation system, resources, environment, and infrastructure needs of the region; and
(2) an analysis of regional economic and community development challenges and opportunities, including—
(A) incorporation of relevant material from other government-sponsored or supported plans and consistency with applicable State, regional, and local workforce investment strategies or comprehensive economic development plans; and
(3) a section describing goals and objectives necessary to solve regional competitiveness challenges and meet the potential of the region;
(4) an overview of resources available in the region for use in—
(5) an analysis of the current state of collaborative public, private, and nonprofit participation and investment, and of the strategic roles of public, private, and nonprofit entities in the development and implementation of the regional investment strategy;
(6) a section identifying and prioritizing vital projects, programs, and activities for consideration by the Secretary, including—
(8) a list of performance measures to be used to evaluate implementation of the regional investment strategy, including—
(A) the number and quality of jobs, including self-employment, created during implementation of the regional rural investment strategy;
(C) the growth in public, private, and nonprofit investment in the human, community, and economic assets of the region;
(9) a section outlining the methodology for use in integrating the regional investment strategy with the economic priorities of the State; and
(d) Cost sharing
(1) In general
Subject to paragraph (2), of the share of the costs of developing, maintaining, evaluating, implementing, and reporting with respect to a regional investment strategy funded by a grant under this section—
A Regional Board or other eligible grantee shall pay the share described in paragraph (1)(B) in the form of cash, services, materials, or other in-kind contributions, on the condition that not more than 50 percent of that share is provided in the form of services, materials, and other in-kind contributions.
Source(Pub. L. 87–128, title III, § 385E, as added Pub. L. 107–171, title VI, § 6030,May 13, 2002, 116 Stat. 407; amended Pub. L. 110–234, title VI, § 6028,May 22, 2008, 122 Stat. 1189; Pub. L. 110–246, § 4(a), title VI, § 6028,June 18, 2008, 122 Stat. 1664, 1950.)
Pub. L. 110–234and Pub. L. 110–246made identical amendments to this section. The amendments by Pub. L. 110–234were repealed by section 4(a) ofPub. L. 110–246.
2008—Pub. L. 110–246, § 6028, amended section generally. Prior to amendment, section related to rural strategic investment program.
Effective Date of 2008 Amendment