7 U.S. Code § 2902 - Definitions
For purposes of this chapter—
(2) the term “beef products” means edible products produced in whole or in part from beef, exclusive of milk and products made therefrom;
(3) the term “Board” means the Cattlemen’s Beef Promotion and Research Board established under section 2904 (1) of this title;
(5) the term “Committee” means the Beef Promotion Operating Committee established under section 2904 (5) of this title;
(6) the term “consumer information” means nutritional data and other information that will assist consumers and other persons in making evaluations and decisions regarding the purchasing, preparing, and use of beef and beef products;
(7) the term “Department” means the Department of Agriculture. 
(8) the term “importer” means any person who imports cattle, beef, or beef products from outside the United States;
(9) the term “industry information” means information and programs that will lead to the development of new markets, marketing strategies, increased efficiency, and activities to enhance the image of the cattle industry;
(10) The  term “order” means a beef promotion and research order issued under section 2903 of this title. 
(11) the term “person” means any individual, group of individuals, partnership, corporation, association, cooperative, or any other entity;
(12) the term “producer” means any person who owns or acquires ownership of cattle, except that a person shall not be considered to be a producer if the person’s only share in the proceeds of a sale of cattle or beef is a sales commission, handling fee, or other service fee;
(13) the term “promotion” means any action, including paid advertising, to advance the image and desirability of beef and beef products with the express intent of improving the competitive position and stimulating sales of beef and beef products in the marketplace;
(14) the term “qualified State beef council” means a beef promotion entity that is authorized by State statute or is organized and operating within a State, that receives voluntary contributions and conducts beef promotion, research, and consumer information programs, and that is recognized by the Board as the beef promotion entity within such State;
(15) the term “research” means studies testing the effectiveness of market development and promotion efforts, studies relating to the nutritional value of beef and beef products, other related food science research, and new product development;
(17) The  term “State” means each of the 50 States; and
 So in original. The period probably should be a semicolon.
 So in original. Probably should not be capitalized.
Source(Pub. L. 94–294, § 3,May 28, 1976, 90 Stat. 530; Pub. L. 99–198, title XVI, § 1601(b),Dec. 23, 1985, 99 Stat. 1598.)
1985—Pub. L. 99–198amended section generally.
Effective Date of 1985 Amendment