7 U.S. Code § 932 - Liabilities and uses of Rural Electrification and Telephone Revolving Fund
(a) Liabilities and obligations of fund
The notes of the Secretary to the Secretary of the Treasury to obtain funds for loans under sections 904, 905,  and 922 of this title, and all other liabilities against the appropriations or assets in the fund in connection with electrification and telephone loan operations shall be liabilities of the fund, and all other obligations against such appropriations or assets in the fund arising out of electrification and telephone loan operations shall be obligations of the fund.
(b) Uses of fund assets
The assets of the fund shall be available only for the following purposes:
(1) loans which could be insured under this subchapter, and for advances in connection with such loans and loans previously made, as of May 11, 1973, under sections 904, 905,  and 922 of this title;
(2) payment of principal when due (without interest) on outstanding loans to the Secretary from the Secretary of the Treasury for electrification and telephone purposes and payment of principal and interest when due on loans to the Secretary from the Secretary of the Treasury pursuant to section 934 (a) of this title;
(3) payment of amounts to which the holder of notes is entitled on insured loans: Provided, That payments other than final payments need not be remitted to the holder until due or until the next agreed annual, semiannual, or quarterly remittance date;
(4) payment to the holder of insured notes of any defaulted installment or, upon assignment of the note to the Secretary at his request, the entire balance due on the note;
(7) payment of taxes, insurance, prior liens, expenses necessary to make fiscal adjustments in connection with the application, and transmittal of collections or necessary to obtain credit reports on applicants or borrowers, expenses for necessary services, including construction inspections, commercial appraisals, loan servicing, consulting business advisory or other commercial and technical services, and other program services, and other expenses and advances authorized in section 907 of this title in connection with insured loans. Such items may be paid in connection with guaranteed loans after or in connection with the acquisition of such loans or security thereof after default, to the extent determined to be necessary to protect the interest of the Government, or in connection with any other activity authorized in this chapter;
(8) payment of the purchase price and any costs and expenses incurred in connection with the purchase, acquisition, or operation of property pursuant to section 907 of this title.
(c) Separate electric and telephone accounts
(1) The Secretary shall maintain two separate accounts within the fund, which shall be known as the electric account and the telephone account, respectively.
(A) The Secretary shall account for the assets, liabilities, income, expenses, and equity of the fund attributable to electrification loan operations in the electric account.
(A) The assets accounted for in the electric account shall be available solely for electrification loan operations under this chapter.
 See References in Text note below.
Source(May 20, 1936, ch. 432, title III, § 302, as added Pub. L. 92–12, § 2,May 7, 1971, 85 Stat. 30; amended Pub. L. 93–32, § 2,May 11, 1973, 87 Stat. 66; Pub. L. 101–624, title XXIII, § 2359,Nov. 28, 1990, 104 Stat. 4041; Pub. L. 103–354, title II, § 235(a)(13),Oct. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 3221; Pub. L. 104–127, title VII, § 772(b)(2),Apr. 4, 1996, 110 Stat. 1149.)
References in Text
Section 905 of this title, referred to in subsecs. (a) and (b)(1), was repealed by Pub. L. 104–127, title VII, § 774(a),Apr. 4, 1996, 110 Stat. 1150.
1996—Subsec. (b)(2). Pub. L. 104–127struck out “pursuant to section 903 (a) of this title” after “purposes”.
1994—Subsecs. (a), (b)(2), (4), (5), (c)(1), (2). Pub. L. 103–354substituted “Secretary” for “Administrator” wherever appearing.
1990—Subsec. (c). Pub. L. 101–624added subsec. (c).
1973—Pub. L. 93–32substituted provisions setting out the liabilities of the Rural Electrification and Telephone Revolving Fund and the allowable purposes for which fund assets shall be available, for provisions, that the monies in the rural telephone account should remain on deposit in the Treasury of the United States until disbursed.
Effective Date of 1973 Amendment
Amendment by Pub. L. 93–32effective May 11, 1973, see section 12 ofPub. L. 93–32, set out as an Effective Date note under section 930 of this title.