Judicial Foreclosure

In some jurisdictions, mortgagees must get a court order to foreclose on a mortgage. This is called a judicial foreclosure. Judicial foreclosures (like all foreclosures), are governed by the law of the jurisdiction that the mortgaged property is located in. This is almost always the law of a state. See State Property Statutes.